Tuesday, December 3, 2013

TRX Workouts & 80/20 Eating

I will never get tired of seeing the sunrise while halfway through my workout…even if it is rising over a gas station...



I ran a little over 3 miles in 30 minutes today and then 10 minutes on the StairMaster. My view of the pool would be much more interesting if people actually swam in it. I then had my personal training session. We worked the TRX gear today. Those inverted rows are no joke  - Michelle Obama arms, here I come. I finished with a 10 minute cool down on the Elliptical…


I keep yapping about clean eating, so for the one reader who cares, below are a few of my meals this week. And yes, I repeat a lot. I eat oatmeal with fruit almost every day. I went to TJ's on Sunday and bought a few lunch salads and soups for the week. I don't use dressing on salads because I get enough flavor from the salads alone, so if you're looking to cut calories, that's an easy place to start. 

Dinner always includes lots of veggies. Tonight was shrimp, tomatoes, asparagus, carrots, one corn tortilla and avocado. And if this is all too healthy for you, no worries, I ALWAYS eat dessert. Usually chocolate…and salt…and more chocolate. The 80/20 rule - eat clean 80% of the time and splurge the other 20% - works really well for me. 


What are some TRX workouts you have tried?

Do you follow the 80/20 rule? 

No comments:

Post a Comment