Monday, January 26, 2015

A Musical, Workouts & Prepping For The Blizzard

Hello from the 18-24 inch snow blizzard warning area. I move from Ohio thinking I won't have snow problems, and I get a blizzard. Mother Nature has a twisted sense of humor. Anywhoo, we're doing just fine so far. I'm sure tomorrow morning won't be as nice.


On Sunday, I started my morning with the Spin bike for 47 minutes. I forgot my watch and heart rate monitor, so I felt a little naked throughout my workout. Sometimes it's good to just work off of feel, so I'm going to try to go watch-less a little more often... 


After the gym, I went up to NYC to meet my mom and aunts for brunch and a Broadway show. We ate brunch at the Marriott Marquis. I'm always amazed how this hotel lobby is sitting in the heart of NYC. 


I ordered a veggie burger for lunch, and it was super tasty... 


We saw Beautiful, The Carole King Musical, and it was amazing. It was really nice watching with my mom and her sisters and seeing how the music touched all of us. Carole King did an awesome job at crossing generations. And did you know her and her husband wrote the Locomotion? That blew my mind...


I drove everyone home, and by the time I got back to my apartment it was 8:30, so I went with cereal for dinner. I eat healthy food 78% of the time. The remaining 22% is split between junk food and eating like a 19 year old college student. So it was cereal for dinner with berries... 


On Monday morning, I went for a 5 mile run on the treadmill. The gym is closed tomorrow (I guess it's a rest day?), so I made sure to get in a good run Monday... 


After my run, I went to the grocery store for some last minute necessities. I think I'm ready for any blizzard that comes our way. Cat food, chips, water and wine. Let's do this! 


What's the weather like where you live? Are you running outside in sunshine? 

What's a "snowed in" necessity for you? Chips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment